Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 9: Relaxing day after an eventful week

Today was a relaxing day for me. I got to sleep in and got my much needed 9 hours of sleep. After taking my time eating breakfast, I did some cleaning up around the house. I swept the kitchen floor and mopped it. I vacuumed rooms upstairs. At 1pm I had to meet my friend to collect money for some movie tickets. She asked me to go for coffee. I said it was such a hot day, let's go for bubble tea instead. We went to Bubble World on Kingsway across the street from Safeway at Kingsway and Joyce. While we were there, another friend joined us because she needed to give me money for movie tickets. We were there for about two hours. Boy, the two hours came and went super fast. It was really nice to just sit and chill and not worry about anything for two hours. We weren't in a rush to do anything or go anywhere.

When I got home, I relaxed for a few more hours before my dad and I went out for dinner. We went out for pho (Vietnamese beef noodle soup) at a restaurant on 1st and Nanaimo. Pho is one of my favourite foods. I eat it more quickly than any other food. While at dinner I was thinking about how I can work on my bucket list tonight. I decided to rent the movie The Bucket List and watch it because I have never watched it before. I don't usually like watching movies myself. But one thing I have to learn to do is to watch a movie / show myself without letting other things, like my computer, distract me. I did manage to finish watching the movie without letting my computer distract me.

The movie The Bucket List was a good movie. It is about two men who have cancer and have only 6 months to live. They decide to go on a 'bucket list journey'. They travel around the world to accommplish things on their list. Their bucket list is one list they make together. Everything on their list is crossed off by the end of the movie. It was an emotional movie for me. Yes, I did cry by the end of the movie.

After the movie, I just chilled out at home and did some more relaxing. It's now past midnight and way past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment