Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 8: Inspiration

What inspires you?
Who inspires you?
Why do they inspire you?
What is it that they do that makes them inspire you?
Do you want to inspire others?

One of the items on my bucket list is to inspire others. It makes me happy to know that I have made a difference in someone's life. I don't think inspiring someone is an easy task. I think if they are 'ready' to be inspired, then they will be open to listening to other peoples suggestions and ideas. If they are not ready, they will just shut you out. Maybe you will have a conversation with them and mention something to them and it will inspire them to do something they have never done before.

My goal is to inspire a person a month. It could be a male or female. That person can be any age. I will meet them any where. I want to get them to do something outside of their 'bubble zone'. I know everyone lives in their own 'bubble zone'. It is their way of life, values, customs and understandings. I know I live in one too. My bucket list helps me get out of my zone. It is fun to explore what is out there in someone else's 'bubble zone'. It is very uncomfortable and scary sometimes but its an exhilarating experience to jump out of my 'bubble zone' to do something completely different. I want to share that experience with others. I want them to know that there is so much more to life than their own 'bubble zone'.

I haven't put much thought into who inspires me. I can't even give you a list right now of who inspires me. I think it is compilation of many people and their advice to me through out my life. What I do know is that at this point in my life I would like to use the advice given to me and live a life with no regrets.

If I have inspired you, please let me know. Then I will know if I have accomplished my goal. 'To inspire others' will be on my list forever. It may be the most difficult one to complete but the most fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. well you have inspired me just for doing your bucket list. meeting somebody who says all these things is great, but you are working towards accomplishing your list at an incredible rate. thank you for being an inspiration. all it takes is one person to make a difference, and i can see your gonna definately have an influence in many peoples lives. these words down sum it up enough, but i hope you understand, Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete