Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 34: Cultus Lake

Cultus Lake is #44 on my bucket list. I have never been there before. My friend and I wanted to go before the summer ends. We asked some friends to join us. There were 6 of us that went. We headed there at 9am. We started our Cultus adventure with a hike. On the website it says that it should take us about 2 hours to go up and down the trail. When we got there we asked several people how long it took them to do the hike. They said a bit over an hour. We got to the top and had a short rest and a bite to eat. I don't hike very often. It's a very nice experience. We got to enjoy nature and socialize at the same time. After the hike, we went to play mini golf. It was fun. We played for about an hour an a half.

We then went jet skiing (aka seadooing, bucket list #36) after mini golf. I learned that sea doo is a brand and what we were actually doing was jet skiing (like rollerblading). We had to sign a bunch of waivers to make sure that we don't sue them for anything. It was super scary for me going in the water because I don't know how to swim. Once I got in the water I had to get use to steering the jet ski. It was a bit rough in the waters for me. It was a warm day but once I went fast on the jet ski I got really cold because of the wind against me. I went slow to warm myself down. We went for an hour in the water.

After a fun filled eventful day at Cultus Lake, we went to dinner at a Korean restaurant in Coquitlam. I am not a big fan of Korean food. That's ok everyone wanted Korean and we were hungry. I tried some dishes that I haven't tried before. I still don't like Korean food. Out of the six dishes we ordered I only liked two of them. Most of the dishes are too spicy for me. We even asked one dish to be mild but it was still too spicey for me. I wanted something cold and refreshing to drink. I shared with some friends strawberry shoju. It totally hit the spot. It was one of those drinks where you can drink it for awhile because it's so tastey and you don't taste the alcohol. It then hits you when you least expects it!

I got home at about 9pm. I sat in a hot bath and relaxed for about half an hour. I have to rest and relax from this adventure and prepare for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment