Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 20: Past experiences

I believe my past has shaped me to be the person I am today. I am not a perfect person. I have done wrong things in my past. I have done things I have regretted. The important thing is for me to learn from what I have done and move on. I still think about something I have done in grade 3 that I regretted. I would like to put closure to that incident, but how? The girl that was in the situation with me is one of my friends on Facebook now. It is a coincidence that we have mutual friends. I did send her a message saying HI but I didn't say anything about what happened. Will she remember what I did to her in grade 3? I know that was eons ago and maybe she forgot about it. I don't want to bring it up if she has forgotten about it.

What I should do is put everything in my past where it belongs, in the past. I don't know the best way to get them out of my head sometimes. I know with every incident that has happened to me I have learned something. Some incidents happened when I was a young child. Some incidents happened recently. Some incidents I take a long time to realize what the lesson is. Some incidents it takes 5 minutes to learn the lesson. One way to get it out of my head is to talk about it. Sometimes I don't think anyone would be interested in my stories that happened 20 years ago. Another way of getting it out of my head would be to write it down on a piece of paper and burn it. I think everything that has happened to me happened for a reason if it is for the better or for the worse. Sometimes I have to fall hard to get up and rise to become a better person.

I am still young and I will learn more lessons about life. But I can take the lessons I have learnt and apply it wherever and whenever I can. I hopefully will not make the same mistakes again. Life is a journey and I have to take it as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment