Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 18: Individuality

"I live in my own little WORLD. But it's ok...they know ME here."

I bought a plaque with that inscribed on it. I bought it at Target when I was down in California. My sister and I were in a section where they sell items with inspirational and funny sayings on mugs and plaques. I saw this one and laughed really hard and bought it. My sister was laughing too but when I decided to buy it she was a bit worried. She thought I may have dual personalities or just thought I was crazy.

The plaque sits on my shelf. I see it everyday. It makes more of a difference to me everyday. As I get older I realize that I don't have to conform to anyone or anything. I am me. I am an individual. I don't have to impress anyone. I don't give into peer pressure anymore. I have friends from all walks of life. Trying to conform to everyone will just be silly and time consuming. I guess this goes back to 'I'm too lazy'....hahaha... I guess this is the one time where the excuse 'I'm too lazy' works in my benefit.

When I was young I was trying to figure out what I like and what I don't like. I would 'push' myself sometimes to like what others were liking because they were 'cool'. That took alot of effort. I didn't end up liking what I 'pushed' myself to like. I have decided that I like what I like for a reason. I may try something new and maybe like that, but I don't know it yet.

My friends like me for who I am. I have some friends who I have been friends with for many years. They wouldn't be my friend if we didn't have anything in common or have fun hanging out together. I have had a lot of trouble finding the 'right' significant other. I sometimes try to impress them or be someone who I think they want to be with. I have decided that doing that has to stop. I have to find someone who likes me for who I am. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment