Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 31: What transforms you?

I was out with my friend for dinner tonight. He was very emotionally down for a very long time. I chatted with him on MSN just recently and he was very upbeat and positive. I was wondering what transformed him. At dinner he told me he took the course from Landmark Education (www.landmarkeducation.com). It made him a completely different person. He has a super optimistic view of his life now.

I wonder about what transforms me. Is it the people I meet? Is an activity I participate in? I think a sign is when something bad happens to me. I always get up a better person. I learn something new everytime I get up. I went to a few free seminars a few weeks ago. They both tried to pitch their paid seminars. I almost purchased one of them. I may be just gullible and think it would be able to change my life. I am not sure if a course will change my life. If I took the course, I think it is important to follow thru and continuously practice the teachings of the course. If not, then the course would be a waste of money. I took two courses from my life success coach friend. After the course I put the books and CD's on my shelf. It's been 2 years since the first course. Obviously I am not practicing what I learnt. Ok time to take them of the shelf and review what I learnt!!

The first step to changing is admitting there is a problem. Once I identify the problem, I then take the steps to make it better. The problem was I didn't have any motivation to do anything. I was bummed out all the time. I didn't feel like doing anything. Once I identified that my lack of motivation was the problem I tried to do things to keep myself busy. One step lead to another and the next thing I knew it my bucket list was created. My bucket list has transformed my life and keeps me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment