Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 28: Consideration

Are you a considerate person? How considerate are you? Do you think about others when making your decisions?

When I organize my dining club dinners, it is important to know how many people want to attend. I can then call the restaurant with the correct number of attendees. The restaurant can prepare their tables for us and the appropriate number of servers. With groups of 6 or more (for most restaurants) they include the gratuity. If the group is less than 6 people, we don't have to worry about the automatic gratuity. The automatic gratuity confuses some people because they aren't used to it and they end up giving the server another gratuity. What has happened to me many times is when someone RSVP'ed YES then they don't show up. I think it is very inconsiderate of them. They least they can do is send me an email or phone me to let me know that they will not be attending. It wastes my time waiting for them and saving a seat for them. The saved seat could've been for someone else that wanted to attend. In my eyes, it tarnishes their reputation. The next time they RSVP YES, I doubt their attendance.

When I make plans I let the host know if I will be coming or not. If I RSVP'ed YES at first, but something came up at the minute and I won't be able to attend I would call them to tell them I won't be able to make it. What if they were waiting for me to start dinner? If I wasn't considerate enough to call them, they would be waiting and be really hungry. As a host of a party, I would like the same consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment