Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 10: Movie Night

I didn't have any plans tonight. I was going to rollerblade or go to aquafit tonight because it was a nice day out. But the end of my work day, my stomach wasn't feeling so well and I was cramping on my leg. Because I rented The Bucket List yesterday I wanted to return it today in case I forget to return it at all! At Blockbuster there was a bin with previously viewed movies. They were labeled at $6.99 each. I thought that was a good deal. There was a 30% off sale on $6.99. What a steal! I ended up buying 10 movies.

Tonight I watched one of them. It is called Flash of Genius (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054588/). It is a very inspirational movie. It basically is about the guy (Bob Kearns) who invented the intermittet windshield wiper. He pitched the idea to Ford Motor Company. Ford said they didn't want to work with him. Ford made their intermittet windshield wiper. He took Ford to court to sue them for stealing his pantented idea. It is about the little guy beating the big corporation. Everyone said he won't be able to sue Ford. It took him 12 years to finally take Ford to court. In the end, Bob Kearns was awarded $10 million dollars. (I hope I didn't ruin the movie for anyone.) This movie was about perseverance, persistance, determination and focus. If anyone has all these qualities, they will be able to succeed in anything they set their mind to.

The second movie I watched tonight was 10 Things I Hate About You (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/). It is a very fun and light movie. It stars Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles. It's a teen comedy. The underlying message in this movie was about chasing after what you want. If it is what you truely want, it is worth chasing.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I never knew you were such a movie buff. 10 movies!! We should wattch something!

    ReplyDelete