Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 11: Be a dreamer

Everyone should have a dream. It can be a small dream or a big dream. Small dreams can lead to big dreams. Maybe our big dreams will lead us to happiness? Do you know anyone living their dream? Why do we dream? Is it to bring focus to our lives?

One of my dreams when I was younger was to live on my own. I vowed that when I made enough money I would move out on my own. I wanted the freedom and ability to do what whatever I wanted and when I wanted. I don't have to follow my parents rules. I did move out on my own a few years ago. It was great. I got all the freedom in the world. I can do whatever I wanted when I wanted. I moved back with my parents a few months ago and I have my space and freedom similar to when I moved out. I achieved that dream.

Another of my big dreams is to work / live somewhere else (another city / country). I just want to experience another city and their lifestyle. I have lived in Vancouver for 30 years. It's time for me to experience something else. There have been a few times when I wanted to just get up and go. But here comes the excuses:
- will be far from my family - I have lots of family here in Vancouver. I will miss them very much if I leave.
- too scared - who will be my support system? In Vancouver, I have my family and my friends.
- not enough money - depending on how long I go for, I need enough money to support myself. I can also find a job during my stay there.
- who will I go with? - do I find someone to come with me? do I go by myself?

I really admire and am jealous of anyone who has moved away to live and work. They have achieved their dream. It is not everyday you meet someone like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment