Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 26: Stranger Than Fiction

Is your life stranger than fiction? What would you do if you found out you were going to die soon? Is there any unfinished business that you would want to clear up before you die?

My friends came over for dinner and a movie tonight. We watched Stranger Than Fiction (http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/strangerthanfiction/). It's about a guy who is a character in a book. He finds out he's going to die at the end of the book. He tries to stop it from happening.

It really made me think about my life. Is it pre-written or pre-determined? If it is, do I want to know the outcome? I know I will eventually die. Do I really want to know how or when? Between now and when I die what have I done? Have I lived a happy life? If I find out when and where I die, will I prevent it from happening or let it happen?

I read that there is a library of everyone's life. My book of life could be written for me. I don't want to know the ending. If I read my book of life, then my life will not be worth living anymore. My life is all about experiences. It can be good ones or bad ones. It is about meeting people and how they influence my life. Everyone comes into my life for a reason. Even if they have given me one piece of advice, they have influenced and shaped my life.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I would ever want to know my future. I would rather have the power to go back in time to change the past than to change the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you live is more important than focussing on when you will pass. Every one of us has been given time. How we spend it is up to us.

    I would rather spend life happy than worried about if I were to die tomorrow. I know I have already inspired and encouraged people thru my actions. Jumping off a bridge attached to a bungee cord may satify some, but I find most of my joy comes from making other people feel good and that living life is not just about pleasing oneself.

    It's not about what life gives you, it's about what you give back.

    ReplyDelete