Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 32: Use It or Lose It

Use it or lose it! Cheesy saying..but absolutely true! There are many aspects of my life which this saying is true.

Gift card
My friend gave me a gift card to Metropolis a few years back for my birthday. Every time I head to Metropolis I forget the card at home. Finally tonight I remember to bring it. It had $30 on it the last time I went shopping. I read on the back of the card today that it takes out $2 for every month it isn't used. I went to use and wanted to see how much money I had left on the card. The sales associate told me I had $8.25 on the card. I didn't use it for about a year and I almost lost all the money on it from the maintenance fees.

Muscles
I am still trying to get myself to go to the gym regularly. I do notice that when I don't go to the gym my muscles tense up. I am thinking if I don't keep up with going to the gym or doing any kind of exercise regularly, my muscles will get weak and I won't be able to use it to my fullest potential.

Memory
I know my memory is declining for both short term and long term recollections. I can blame my age. I can blame my parents. I have to stop the blame game. I will not be aging backwards. I don't think it is fair to blame my parents. I have to recognize that I have a bad memory and take action. I am not sure how to improve my long term memory. I have Nintendo DS with Brain Age 1. Hopefully that will help me with my short term memory. I know if I don't work on it then I may be looking forward to really empty old age. I would like to tell my grandkids what happened when I was young and what society was like.

1 comment:

  1. Do you like doing crosswords and/or sudoku? There are lots of reports out there that say doing puzzles daily will keep the mind fresh and alert.

    ReplyDelete