Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 22: Technology

Technology failed me last night. I was going to write on my blog before I was going to go to bed. I wrote a sentence and my internet disconnected. It was so random and with no warning. I think it might be something with Shaw. I like Shaw so much better than Telus. I had my internet connection with both companies. Shaw is more reliable with their service. Obviously this morning my internet is fine.

Years ago I was chatting with my friend. He said if he was stranded on an island one of the things he would need was his computer with high speed internet. At that time I had dial up. I think even free dial up with the banner on the screen. I didn't understand why he needed his high speed internet. He is a computer guy so he did alot on the computer. I thought it was more important for him to be online. I only checked my email and some websites.

It has only been the last 8 years since I had high speed internet. Now I understand what he is talking about. It's all about the fast download and the fast refresh speed. I think I have taken my high speed internet for granted. I expect it to work all the time. I feel so disconnected when I am not logged online. It is so easy to connect with friends online and send out invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment