Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 17: Celebrate your success

What are you celebrating today?

Since we moved to Canada my parents wanted us to assimilate to the Canadian culture. We celebrated birthdays, Christmas, Mothers Day, Father's Day and other 'Hallmark' occasions. We would give each other presents and go out for dinner. We did that for many years. There wasn't much meaning for us celebrating those occasions anymore. We haven't been celebrating the last few years.

Now I have more reasons to celebrate. I would like to aim to celebrate my success everyday. My success isn't about my job or how much money I have. It is about my life and where I am taking it. Everyday I try to learn something new or go somewhere new. I don't celebrate my daily successes by decorating my house with balloons, having party favours or singing songs. At the end of the day, I want to know that I have done something for myself which has made me a bit happier.

Tonight I went to a Social Fluency workshop (www.socialfluency.com). It was interesting. It was an intro workshop to knowing what you want (in terms of your ideal mate) and how to attract them.
According to these guys, the 3 things that will make you successful in any aspect of life are:
1 - take action
2 - consciously make an effort to develop yourself
3 - committed to getting out of your comfort zone

Once I have achieved my bucket list and these 3 things, I will have a real party. A REAL party with balloons, party favours and songs... hahah.. That is a HUGE reason to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. i really liked this one. it showed change, nd change again and then how over tme things get let go or kinda pushed aside, and it shows what it means to you. i always look foward to your blogs at the end of my day, gives me something to refect, and think about before i fall asleep and then see if it applies to my day the next morning =) am i invited to that party? =) how did you enjoy the work shop? learn anything knew or agree with what they taught? wuld ya recommend it to anybody? lookin 4ward to tomorrows. way to keep inspiring each day =)

    ReplyDelete