Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 14: The Brick Wall

After about 5 years of not going to the gym, I managed to drag my ass to the gym today. I only spent an hour there. I did the stair master for 30 minutes and my legs felt numb and tingly. I think it was a sign that I haven't been working out much. I also walked around the track once which took about 15 mins. I didn't want to push myself too hard after 5 years of not working out. I think it is best to just work out gradually. It has been so long that I forgot how it feels after a workout. It feels like I can conquer the world. I have so much energy and adrenaline.

I managed to hit the Brick Wall. I don't even remember why I stopped going to the gym. The Brick Wall is what you face when you can't manage to do something. It seems like it is the hardest task ever. You can't seem to bring yourself to do it. You make many excuses to not do it. There is no motivation to get it done.

There were so many excuses to not go to the gym. It is always the first step that is the hardest. It took me 5 years to take this first step. Hopefully this first step will lead to more consistent visits to the gym.

There is a difference between being lazy and the Brick Wall. Being lazy is when you know you have to do it but don't because you are lazy. The Brick Wall encompasses many excuses, which could include being lazy. It could also include even forgetting about it or procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment