Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 23: Energy Vampires

Tonight I went to see James Arthur Ray(http://www.magneticsoil.com/) at the
Westin Bayshore. He talked about many topics which I may write about at a later date. He was very motivating and inspiring.

One topic he talked about was Energy Vampires. Energy Vampires are the people that you know or meet that suck the life out of you. They are bad energy, bad karma and just negative to be around. They have no focus in life and want you to be in the same boat as them. I have met some. One guy was negative about everything. He never had money to do anything. He didn't have the right priorities. We would all go out to eat and he said he was hungry and didn't have money for food. But for some reason he had enough money for a pitcher of beer. At a softball game if the captain did something to him that he didn't agree with, he would focus on it and pout about it. After putting up with him for at least 10 years, I decided that if he is to be negative about everything, I don't think I should hang out with him anymore. I don't have time to baby someone who pouts and is negative about everything. He always has a reason for everything that is going wrong in his life. Of course it is never his fault for anything. I couldn't stand it anymore. The negative energy. All the excuses. If I were to hang out with him more, then I wouldn't be where I am now. I would probably be in his 'negative world'. Sure I have known him for about 10 years. That doesn't mean I have to be his friend. The amount of time I have known him doesn't matter. What matters is if we spend quality time together.

What I need now is to surround myself with positive energy. It should be friends who are motivating and inspiring. They will be able to challenge me to do more. It could be someone who is a mentor. It can be someone who has life experiences. I want to see the full extent of my abilities. I would have never started this blog if I sat in my bubble zone with my negative friends.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, long time no talk! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for starting your blog. I have been inspired by it as I've fallen into a bit of a rut lately. I'm trying not to be negative about things. Keep up the inspiring work!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete