Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 108: Most memorable birthday






I had my birthday bash yesterday, Fri, Nov 27. I can say it is one of the most memorable birthdays so far. There was lots of food. Some of my friends practised their culinary skills by making something. Some brought desserts. It was all good! It was great to have my friends over. I am very glad everyone got along with everyone else. Everyone is pretty easy going and easy to talk to. If they weren't easy to talk to, there were activities that encouraged conversation. I had everyone wear a name tag. But the rule is to not write your real name. It has to be an adjective, a word you like, a phrase you like, or anything else you feel like writing. Some people has a tough time thinking of a phrase. Some words included 'yellow', 'pink', 'Detriot Dan', 'Random Hero', 'Al Dente', etc. I think it made it more fun and entertaining. I also had two banners on my wall. The top banner was '33 Questions for Lisa'. Everyone was encouraged to write a question about me, ideally something they don't know. People came up with the most interesting questions. For example, 'why are your eyebrows so nice?', ' if you were a fish, what fish would you be?' Later on the night, I answered all the questions. Apparently, the reason why I'm cheerful all the time cause I'm on drugs..hahah.. The bottom banner was 'Lisa's Birthday Banner'. It was basically a huge birthday card. They can write whatever they wanted. All of them were wishing me a great birthday.

I think some of my friends have sick perverted minds. With the stickers, one of them draw boobies and stuck it on his gf. Another person drew a penis. That was popular with the guys. The penis was disturbing to some people. But it was all in the name of fun.

We also did a shot of rum. I know it's pretty gross to take it straight up but it was all I had. I had to chase it down with some juice to mask the strong flavour. Not everyone did the shot, there was only about 8 of us that did the shot.

I had a goal of 33 people attending my party. I achieved the goal.

1 comment: