Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 103: Coast Restaurant


Tonight I went to Coast Restaurant on Alberni St with a couple of friends. Overall it was a great experience. It was a chance for us to catch up with what we are doing with our lives. We haven't had a chance to do this for about 12 years. We enjoyed great food and it was very relaxing atmosphere.

The atmosphere was very relaxing. As we approached the entrance of the restaurant, we see the circular bar in the middle. It is lit and there are shelves of wine and seafood. There are mirrors on one side of the walls. They are not mirrors that take up the whole walls, the mirrors are slender and you don't even notice them unless you look really carefully. The mirrors make the restaurant look bigger than it actually is. The restaurant is three 'levels' which allows them to have more seating space. We sat on the second 'level'.

The service was great. Our waitress was very patient with us. I asked about wine flights. On the menu they didn't mention they have wine flights. The waitress said they didn't have it but double checked with someone else and came back to us to let me know that they could accommodate the request. I ordered my drink already so I didn't want the wine flight. By the end of the night, she gave me her card to reassure me that the next time I come I can have wine flights.

The food was good. The special tonight is fish and chips for $14. I don't like eating fries, but I like eating poutine. They have a lobster poutine. It was an extra $5 to 'upgrade' to the lobster poutine. I ordered the fish and chips with halibut and lobster poutine. The waitress told us that halibut season will be over next week. I wanted to take advantage of the halibut while it is still in season. The lobster poutine was great. It had big chunks of lobster. The gravy wasn't too salty. I ate all my halibut. I only ate half of my lobster poutine. I was going to save some room for dessert but I didn't end up ordering dessert. I was too full.

I went to dinner tonight with two friends. One friend I went to high school with and the other I met a few years after high school. The one that I went to high school with I haven't seen him for about 12 years. The other friend I see on rare occasions. We used to hang out about 12 years ago. It was nice to see and chat with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment