Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 92: Pet peeves

Some people have many pet peeves. Some people don't have many pet peeves. Where does the phrase 'pet peeves' come from? It would be interesting to know. I understand the phrase 'pet peeves' as something that bothers you or that you don't like.

Some of my pet peeves:
1) erratic drivers - They would be signaling right but then turn left at the last minute. They make sudden unnecessary stops.

2)arrogant / narcissistic people - Really?? Do you really think you are GOD? Does everyone have to listen to you talk about how good you are or what you like? Really, the conversation doesn't revolve around you. A conversation takes more than one person.

3) inconsiderate people - A simple 'thank you' will do. Don't cut in line in front of me.

I guess I don't have that many pet peeves. Maybe I just can't think of them 'under pressure'. I would like to think of myself as pretty laid back and understanding. I try not to let things bother me. I am sure I have more pet peeves. But until that situation happens, I dont remember it. I guess it doesn't bother that much to remember it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment