Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 96: Miracle Berries

I was invited to my friends party on Nov 14. The highlight of the party was the 'miracle berries'. The miracle berries are supposed to make your taste buds taste things differently. My friends bought them online. They are tablets and come in packages of 10. The outer packaging is in Chinese. The foil seal is in Japanese. So not really sure where it is from.

The instructions on the package says to put the tablet in your mouth and let it dissolve on your tongue. Once it is dissolved you can taste sour foods and it will taste sweeter.

My friend's wife was the first to try the miracle berries. We were very curious to see her reaction. She sucked on a wedge of lemon first. She said it tastes sweeter than usual. We got her to taste various foods to see what she tastes. We got her to taste a pickle, some spicy cheese and something sweet. The sour food to her tastes sweeter. The sweet foods tastes sweeter. The spicy food was still spicy, no change.

After I gauged her reaction, I was ready to try a miracle berry tablet. I let it dissolve on my tongue. I used my saliva to help speed up the process. I was really eager to see how things will taste. My first food I tried was a pickle. Pickles are usually sour for me. It was a tasty sweet pickle to me. I then tried a lemon wedge. It was sweeter then usual. I don't usually like sour foods. But after tasting the miracle berry tablets, sour foods are my friends. It only lasts for about 10 - 15 mins.

It was an interesting experience. I think everything has a different flavour for reason. Some people like sour foods, some people like sweet food. I think you should enjoy all the different flavours on your taste buds. It's like a party on your tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment