Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 84: Relaxing Sunday

Sundays are usually relaxing days for me. Some Sundays relaxing means just chilling at home and not doing anything. Today was about spending time with family and friends.

I went with my friend to eat lunch and go shopping. He originally wanted to go to Twisted Fork for brunch. We went there and there was a line up out the door. The hostess said the wait is about 30 minutes. My friend and I got hungry and decided not to wait anymore. We ended up going across the street to The Edge Restaurant in the Chateau Granville Hotel. They renovated it and it looks fantastic. There are two parts to the restaurant: the dining area and the lounge. My friend wanted to watch the football game so we sat in the lounge area. My friend sat on a leather chair and I sat on a leather couch. It was just so relaxing to just sit and eat brunch. We ordered an eggs benedict and another dish which was like an omelet in a mini frying pan. The eggs benebict was served with red potatoes cut in half. The 'omelet' was served with toast. We shared both dishes and it was perfect for me. I wasn't overstuffed and wasn't hungry. We walked down Granville St to grab a Starbucks. Our first stop was H&M. I got a gift certificate for my birthday last year to H&M. I finally got a chance to spend it today. I have been to H&M before but never found anything. Today I found some new sweaters and a dress. I can't wait to wear them! I am also in search for a Wii and a new digital camera. We went to Future Shop and London Drugs. I also needed new earbuds for my IPOD. We stopped at HMV for those.

Tonight my family went to my aunt's house for a small get together. It was great! My aunt made turkey, mashed potatoes and Chinese dishes. But turkey on Nov 1! It isn't just for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's for anytime of the year. My cousin's daughter never had hard alcohol before. My cousin started getting her to taste vodka and Hypotic. I got her to taste SOHO. Three of us took a shot of tequila. I'm not sure if she liked it or not. Once we finished the drinks, we went downstairs to watch the Canucks whipped the Avalanche's butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment