Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 95: Superstitions

Today is Friday the 13th. There are 3 Friday the 13th this year. Superstitions are ideas / beliefs that something bad will happen. You have to do things a certain way or something bad will happen to you. Walking across a black cat gives you bad luck?

I am not superstitious. (I really hope nothing bad happens to me because I don't believe it.) My parents are not superstitious with 'western' superstitions. One Chinese 'superstition' is selecting your wedding date. They have to consult someone who is knowledgeable in the Chinese calendar. They believe certain days / dates are best to get married. Those dates will give you the most luck and be most prosperous for your future.

I am sure superstitious stories have been carried on thru generations. That's probably how people become superstitious. If you raised your children without exposing them to superstitious tales / beliefs, I don't think they will be superstitious.

Friday the 13th is almost over. I went to work today. It was quite busy. Nothing bad happened. I went grocery shopping without anything happening. I don't want to say anything more. I don't want to jink anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment