Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 102: Last wedding of the year

Today I went to my last wedding of the year. It was pouring rain outside. But there was lots of love and excitement inside. It was my second cousin`s wedding. She is the one in the middle wearing the wedding gown.*duh* The ceremony took place at a church in downtown Vancouver. We parked at a parking lot across the street. Of course I wanted to look pretty and I wore a dress and high heels. Wearing a dress and walking in the pouring rain isn`t the smartest thing to do. It was a Catholic wedding. There was a lot of reading verses and prayers. It lasted about 45 minutes.

The second part of the wedding was held at a hotel ballroom in downtown Vancouver. There were cocktails served before the reception. It was beautiful inside. The walls were very ornately decorated. The centerpieces were tall vases with white flowers. The chairs had white chair covers with gold sashes. They had an original itinerary. They had four bridesmaids and four groomsmen. When the bridesmaids were introduced into the banquet room, they did a little dance number. When the groomsmen were introduced, they walked in really casually with a beer in their hand. There was supposed to be a short slide show before the bride and groom made their entrance. They had some technical difficulties with the slide show so they showed the slide show later on the evening. They did the cake cutting first. There were some speeches. The best speech was from the brides father. With his best effort at speaking English, he said how much he loved his only daughter and welcomed the groom and his family into his family. I get teary eyed so easily. If someone starts to cry, I cry too. If someone says something sentimental, I cry too. I cried at a few of the speeches. After wiping away the tears, we finally got to eat dinner. It was a buffet with lots of delicious food. After dinner, the dancing started. I got my groove on. It was about 9ish that the dessert bar opened. The most unique item was the fruit with the chocolate fondue..ummm so delicious.

I like attending weddings because it is about reconnecting. It is a great opportunity to talk to cousins that I haven`t talked to in a long time. There was a cousin from San Fran that came to attend the wedding. I don`t get to see her very often. I didn`t get to talk to her much tonight. She was busy with her two daughters. I only got to talk to her for about 5mins right before she was leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment