Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 91: First Experiences

First experiences are both scary but great at the same time. It may lead to bigger and better things. You learn to crawl, then walk then run. When you were crawling, you were excited to be walking and running soon. When you are a baby, you learn about the sights and sounds of your world.

I go thru life going thru first experiences. The first day of high school was a very scary first experience. I don't know what to expect, who will be my friends, how my teachers will be like. My first kiss was kinda awkward. I didn't know how to kiss so the guy I was dating at the time had to teach me. My first boyfriend was an interesting experience. That was the one that broke my heart.

This year was a year full of first experiences for me. I have made a bucket list and it's a list of things I haven't done before. Doing things for the first time is very scary and sometimes I want to back down because I'm scared and its totally out of my comfort zone. It's about living life and experiences. If I don't try it, how will I know if I will like it or not. I gave blood a few months ago. There was a needle in me for about 15 minutes. It was a weird pokey feeling. I didn't want it in there for so long. But I stuck it out. I am taking swimming lessons. I feel embarrassed that I don't know how to swim. I didn't know what the environment will be like: will it be a supportive one? But I realized that we were in the same boat and it was a very supportive environment. I am glad I took that first step. I went jet skiing at Cultus Lake this summer. I was very nervous. What if I fell off? I know I had the life jacket on but it would be better if I knew how to swim.

I am looking forward to completing the rest of my bucket list. Hopefully I will complete half by next year. I get the scary, nervous and excited feeling everytime I go thru my first experiences.

1 comment: