Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 93: What I learned about myself so far

Since I started my bucket list (or the list of things I want to do before I die), I have learned a lot about myself. It is about focusing my energy in the right time, place and space. If someone asks me to go out somewhere, I have to think about if it is something I want to do or if it is something on my bucket list. If it isn't on my bucket list or something I wouldn't rather do, I prefer to not do it. I would rather focus my time and energy on something I feel is important to me.

Things I have learned so far:
1 - making lists of my goals gives me more focus
2 - fear is no excuse to not do it
3 - I have to try things at least once to make a decision if it is something I like to do
4 - anything is possible
5 - it is important to surround yourself with supportive people -it will take you that one step further
6 - eliminate energy vampires from your life
7 - don't let anyone stop you from your goals -no matter what they are
8 - opportunities come in many forms - take them as they come
9 - I have found that I am more adventurous than I originally thought
10 - I have never would have thought that I would get such a sense of accomplishment from completing something on my list

My bucket list makes my life one big adventure. I feel like a little kid and seeing the world for the first time. Really it is about seeing the world with a different set of 'eyes'. I have a sense of control of my life and what I am doing. Once I complete something off my list, I have space for new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment