Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 107: Loud places

I never really thought about it but I don't really like being in loud places. Tonight my cousin had her birthday dinner at Chambar. It has a really nice decor with the brick wall. The service was good. Our waitress reminded me of Tina Fey with her short dark hair, small face and angular glasses. The only thing I didn't really like was that the music was too loud. I do understand that they need music to give the place some atmosphere. But once it gets to a point were I can't have a conversation with the person next to me, it's too loud for me. There was ten of us at the table. I only can hear the three immediate people beside me. It would be nice to be part of other conversations to spice things up a bit. The conversation with the person on my left got stale pretty quickly. He is my cousin's friend's cousin. He's only 19. We didn't have that many things to talk about. He came up from Seattle for the weekend. I was just being my nosey self and asking him questions about where he lives and where he goes to school. But after awhile I felt that he didnt really want to talk to me. There were some gals that were sitting at the other end of table that I would've liked to talk to. We finally managed to have a conversation outside of the restaurant, where it was a bit quieter.

When I was younger I loved going clubbing. That was about 12 years ago. I go to a club maybe once a year these days. I don't like it so much because the music is too loud for me. I think I would rather have a conversation with someone at dinner or dessert or coffee. At a club it's about yelling in someone's ear. Just because you yelled in their ear, it doesn't actually mean that they understood you. I'm sure there are many miscommunications too. They hear "what? you like my pants?" ....when you actually said "do you want to dance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment