Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 97: Wedding Shows

On Sunday, November 15 our company exhibited at two wedding shows. One was Lovestruck at the Vancouver Club on West Hastings St. The other one was Creme de la Creme at Four Seasons Hotel. There were three of us that worked the shows. I was at Lovestruck from 9 am to 3 pm. It was really busy when the show first opened at 10am. I can't believe gals/ladies/ brides line up to come into wedding shows. I thought they only line up at places like London Drugs or Superstore. I don't think they get a prize for being the first ones there. I befriended my neighbours who are exhibiting their DJ servies. We had a beautiful flower arrangement from Flower Factory. Many ladies stopped to admire the flower arrangement. When they are admiring the flowers, I would strike a conversation with them. The show was really small. They had lots of photographers there, like last year. I had a chance to walk around to see all the other vendors. I finished walking around in 5 minutes. The price at the door was $35. There was also a fashion show. When the fashion show was on, the trade show was empty. I was on my feet for most of the time. I didn't really want people to see me sitting. It would seem like I'm slacking off. I was wearing my boots with heels. By the time I left there at 3 pm, my feeties were pretty sore.

I then headed to the wedding show at the Four Seasons Hotel. I walked in the rain. I thought I had to show ID or tell someone that I was with my company so they would let me in the show. There wasn't anyone manning the doors. I walked right in without any issue. I had to find our booth to drop off my things. I walked around to see who the other vendors are. A few minutes after I arrived, the fashion show was just starting. It was like the other show, when the fashion show is on, no one walks around at the trade show. Our booth was in a dark corner and not in the flow of traffic. In the 3 hours I was there, I didn't talk to many people. There were some of my friends who went to the show. I talked to them a bit. My neighbours at this show weren't very friendly. After 9 hours of wedding shows, I was ready to head home.

I went with my cousin and friends to my second Long Table Series dinner. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry. We ended with the sticky toffee pudding. Ummm so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment