Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 104: Visit to the Dentist

At my last visit, they said my teeth were perfect and I just have to come back for a check up in six months. That was about a year ago. Around the six month mark, they would call to remind me to come. I sometimes have a weekday off. I call them to see if they have that day available. Of course they never do because they are so busy. What I have to do to book an appointment, is to book the appointment then ask for the time off. Lucky me they called me today at 8:25 am. They said they had some cancellations and asked if I can come in. What a coincidence that I had the day off today. It was originally scheduled for 1 pm. She can hear the hesitation in my voice. I had other plans at 1 pm. Going to the dentist wasn't one of them. She then called me back at 10:30 to let me know that there was a spot at 11 am. Wow! You should've heard the excitement in my voice *sarcasm* I did tell her I would be late because I just woke up. I got there at 11:20 am. They didn't get a chance to do a complete cleaning on my teeth because I came late. Oh, too bad for me!

The original dentist that I went too was my mom's cousin. She retired. Too bad for me that she doesn't check my teeth anymore. I now have a middle age Asian dentist. He's a very nice man. It's good he doesn't want to do more fillings and work on my teeth. He just told me to keep maintaining my teeth.

This is the only place that I go to that another person that has the same name as me goes to. They didn't realize it was two different people until this year. The other gal is a young Asian gal. One time when I was there for a cleaning, they put notes about my teeth on her file. They just cleaned it up a few months ago. The receptionist had to call me twice that day to make sure the information she was putting in the file was correct.

How I love going to the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment