Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 60: Facebook

No inspirational message today. This posting today is on how much time I spend on Facebook and why I like it so much.

I started getting bombarded with invites from my friends to join Facebook. I was wondering what the hype was all about. I am a late adapter. I wait till many of my friends are doing something before I jump on the bandwagon. I joined Facebook and started exploring what it has to offer me.

Ok, I admit it. I am a bit addicted to Facebook. I always have to check my Facebook. I think it's the voyeur in me. I just want to read everyone status updates. Some of them are interesting with videos or inspiring quotes. Some are boring with an update with what they are doing in their life at this moment (ie. going to get groceries at the store right now, I'm watching TV, what is good to watch?, etc) The updates that are most annoying to me are the Farmville and Mafia Wars (sorry to anyone who are intensely involved in those games). The updates take up too much space. I don't play those games so I don't know what they are about. I heard the games are addictive once you start playing. I better not start playing them or else I will have no social life.

Facebook is a great way to connect with long lost friends and relatives. I have connected with people from my high school and now it is super easy to communicate with them. I have relatives on there that I otherwise wouldn't have connected with.

The features I use the most are the Photos and Events tabs. It is super easy to send out invites to many people with Facebook. I have my dining club group and when I send out an invite all I have to do is check a box and the message gets sent to them. My photos I can just tag my friends instead of emailing them a link or a bunch of pictures. My friends also post their pictures on there and it is easy for me to view them.

I spend too much time procrastinating on there. If I am bored, I will do the silly quizzes on there. Do I really need to know when I will die? I did that quiz and it says I will die at the end of this year. It was too depressing to publish on my profile. I saw my ideal house by doing one of those quizzes. Do I really want to know the initials of the love of my life? hmmmm..not sure how accurate the results are. Maybe it's just better for me to find out myself?

Ok, time to finish up this blog and go back on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Well also stay away from Restaurant City and YoVille, because they will take up most of your free time at home.

    ReplyDelete