Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 49: "I don't have time."

One of my famous lines is "I don't have time", right after "I'm too lazy." I've used it for many many years. I think that's why I haven't accomplished as much as I would like. Between work, school, hanging out with friends and watching TV, I felt I didn't have time to do much else. I didn't seem to have time to do anything. That was the way it was for me for many years. Seriously, was I that busy that I didn't have time to do anything?

This year I've decided to minimize my usage of that phrase. That phrase translates to "I don't want to do it." It's about prioritizing what's important. My priority wasn't about trying new things and new activities. It was about lounging around in my comfort zone and doing what I was comfortable with. It's so easy to sit at home and relax in front of the TV. I call it my 'relaxing time' also known as 'procrastinating time.'

This year I started my bucket list. My bucket list is my priority. I am making time to complete things off my list. For example, tonight I got off the couch to go to pilates (bucket list #14). It was refreshing to learn something new. It was a class of mostly women so it wasn't intimidating at all. The teacher taught at a slow pace and I managed to follow along. By the end of class, I was very relaxed.

I actually do have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment