Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 42: My Values



My values changed over the years. I had a piece of paper from when I was in grade 11. It had a list of my values at the time. They were happiness, achievement, variety, respect and adventure. I would say all of them apply to me now but they aren't my top five anymore.

My top 5 values now are happiness, honesty, trust, respect and confidence. I had the idea for this shoot but I wasn't sure about my top 5 values. I thought about what was happening in my life at that time. I realized how important honesty, trust and respect are when my ex and I broke up. Maybe it was in spite but he told me he was hanging out with my best friend. They hung out without me and without telling me. Of course they don't have to tell me where they are going and who they are going with. But I think it's disrespectful that they did that behind my back. No, I don't think they were dating. They both were dishonest with me. They lost my trust and respect for them by hanging out together without me. I realized that the most important thing is my own happiness. I am the only one that can control it. Yes, I am happier without them in my life. I don't need people who treat me like that. I think one way to be happy is to try different things and activities and maybe find my passion in life. There are so many things I don't know how to do and places I haven't been. How do I know if those things would makes me happy? I also believe that I need to develop more confidence in my life (that's a post for another day.)

1 comment:

  1. I like this entry! Remember our conversation about working abroad? That will go a long way to develop your confidence. If it really is your dream... go for it! Don't live vicariously! Grab it by the horns and watch what happens. You'll grow in ways you never thought possible.

    ReplyDelete