Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 53: Making a difference

Does what I do make a difference?

I would like to know that I made a difference in someone's life. Will my spare change make a difference in the bum's life? Will my donation make a difference for the church / non profit organization? Will my volunteer hours make a difference in the child's life? I would like all the answers to be YES. In reality because the answers are 'maybe' or 'unsure' that is why I haven't made monetary donations or volunteer hours anywhere yet. I need to look into the cause and why I want to donate to that organization before I donate my money. I would like to see how and where my money goes if I donate to that organization. I think becoming a Big Sister will make a difference in someone's life. You have to commit one year and 3-5 hours a week to your little sister. I am sure if you volunteer for more than a year, you will see your little sister grow and see the difference you have made in her life.

My friend is a musician in Texas. He made a difference in someone's life and he didn't even know it. He meets alot of people everywhere he goes. One night at a bar he went to a table and hung out with them for awhile. He bought a round for everyone at the table. There was a girl that was going to commit suicide that night. (For reasons I don't know) She wanted that to be her last night with her friends. After meeting and hanging with my friend, she decided not to kill herself. To know that you saved someone's life would be an amazing feeling.

I write this blog every night (at least I try my hardest to). This is really a challenge for myself to see how disciplined I really I am. I write what is on my mind. I want to learn to write and express myself in writing. I decided that writing a blog would be a good way to start. I have had some feedback from my friends saying that I have inspired them to start a bucket list or to start something that they have always wanted to do or that they feel the connection between my posts and their lives. This is great for me to hear. It sounds like I am starting to inspire people. I would like to inspire as many people as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I LOVE reading your daily blog. Your insights and desire to make your life better is simply awesome! I totally admire you for doing this. I just thought I'd let you know that. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,

    I read your blog about once a week or so and catch up on all the posts I've missed. It's great that you're putting yourself out there and really saying what's on your mind, especially on the internet. I've had a blog for years now (about 5 years I think) but I'm very hesitant about telling people about it. Even then I have a hard time opening up publicly on the blog about my true thoughts and feelings. It's tough! Anyway, keep it up. I'll be reading!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete