Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 59: My Memory

Can you say you have an amazing memory? I can't say I do. I do remember what a great summer I had and all the things I have done.

I have a list of blog topics on my phone to help me decide what to write so I don't have to think about a topic. One of the topics was 'memory loss'. I had forgotten what I had written about my memory.

My sister doesn't have a good memory either. She bought a Dummies book at Target on 'how to improve your memory'. I asked her where the book was so I can read it. Her reply 'I don't remember where I put it'. Later on that week, I accidentally found the book. It was tucked away in a box beside where she usually put her house keys.

A few days ago I was cleaning my bathroom and I saw my BMW mug. I didn't want it in the bathroom anymore and I asked my parents if they wanted it in the bathroom. My mom said every time she sees that mug it reminded her of when my sister asked if she can have that mug and I refused giving it to her. My sister drives a BMW and she really likes the mug. My mom said that my sister asked me if she can have the mug and my reply was that it was sentimental to me because my friend gave it to me. I don't have any recollection of that conversation happening. If my sister asked me if she can have the mug, I would give it to her. My friend did give me the mug years ago but it doesn't hold that much sentimental value to me. After my mom told me about that conversation, I really got worried. Maybe it is my mom's memory that is going? Maybe that conversation between my sister and I didn't really happen but she thinks it did? Maybe I have a serious memory problem?

My ex friend volunteers with an old man once a week. By the third time of me asking her what the name of the old man was, she was giving me a weird look. She said I have asked her twice before already. I have no recollection of asking her the previous two time of the old man's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment