Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 38: Time to Splurge

After working so hard on my bucket list, it's time to splurge. I feel I deserve some time to relax. My friends got me a gift card to Eccotique a few years ago for my birthday. After so many years, I thought I may not have any balance on it anymore. I just checked on the website and it still has the complete balance.

I have the day off tomorrow. With my days off lately I have been going out (ie. Cultus Lake) and haven't really been able to relax and rejuvenate yet. I have never been to one of those spas before. It will be a good way to just relax and get my mind off things. I am not sure if I have to make an appointment or I can just drop in.

I think it is good to splurge once in awhile. It can be expensive. If I only do it once in awhile its ok. I splurged by going jet skiing at Cultus Lake. It was an expensive experience. They way I think of it, I will be doing it once in a blue moon. If it was something I would be doing on a regular basis, I would be more cautious on the price of the activity.

You only live once. I grew up in the ghetto in East Van. We didn't grow up with expensive things. Our wardrobe consists of hand-me-downs and shopping at Army and Navy. We walked to Army and Navy because we lived close by.My parents taught me that I have to work for my money. I found a job at 15, the legal age to work. Yes, I have to admit I can be thrifty at times. I just don't see the value in buying expensive brand name things (ie. Coach, LV, Gucci). I get it from my parents. They are very cautious on what they spend their money on. These few years I have been making more money than I was before. I have paid off all my debts. I don't have any bills with outstanding balances. I can afford more things than before. I can splurge a little bit at a time. My excuse for not doing anything or buying anything before was because I didn't have the money. I can slowly eliminate that phrase 'I don't have the money' from my vocabulary. Now it is about enjoying what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment