Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 149: My ideal proposal

"Yes! I will marry you!" One day those words will come out of my mouth to the guy that I think is the most wonderful guy in the world.

Every time when one of my friends get engaged, I love to hear how he proposed to her. I am waiting to hear how creative and unique the proposal was. If it was a good, unique and creative proposal, I am living vicariously through them. The more proposals I hear about, the higher my expectations of my own proposal.

Maybe it's only on TV where I hear about the crazy proposals? You know the airplane flying in the sky writing my name? You know about going to Maui and being on top of the mountain top and the sun setting? You know the cake with 'will you marry me?' on it? You know when I'm eating my dessert and when I get to the end and taking my last bite and it happens to be the one karat platinum diamond ring? You know about the birthday present in the huge box and you open it and there is another box and it goes on and on until you get to the ring box?

I would like it to be original, fun and crazy. But the most important thing is that he is sincere about his feelings for me and he wants to marry me because he loves me. He isn't marrying me for an ulterior motive. I know I have my quirks and I am not a perfect person. I think it would be great if he knew my quirks and my favourites things and incorporated in the proposal. I want it to be sentimental. I want to cry tears of joy. I want it to be a moment that I will cherish forever. I would it to be a story that I can share with my kids and their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment