Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 133: Negative demons / positive angels

I am not sure what the technical terms are. What I do know is that its there in my head and it effects my life.

It effects my self worth and self esteem. My negative demons says stuff like 'you are not worth it', 'they don't like you', 'don't do it', etc. It is hard to go forward when you have someone holding you back and that 'someone' is yourself. I guess life wouldn't be challenging enough if there was nothing holding you back.

The negative demons come out especially after a breakup. The demons say stuff like 'you did this wrong', 'you did that wrong', 'it was your fault for the breakup', 'he would like you more if you did this or that', etc. You think about all those points and maybe think 'he' is right. If you think 'he' is right, it will take so much longer to get over it. The relationship is done and you can't change it now. If you keep on dwelling on 'what if', there will never be space in your heart for someone else.

Maybe you have to get your 'positive angel' out. You are you. No one else is like you. As I get older I have made decisions on what I like and don't like. My positive angel is supportive of my decisions. If I decide to do something, my positive angel will say things like 'go for it', 'you deserve it', 'you are worthy enough' etc.

Things get confusing sometimes. Both of them fight in my head (like Herman's Head). You make the final decision on who to listen to. My final decision depends on how I am feeling at that moment. If I'm feeling crappy, I will listen to the negative demon. If I'm feeling happy, then I don't even hear the negative demons. I am in my HappyLand and nothing else matters.
If I listen to my negative demons all the time, my life will be a life with no sense of purpose. I will not be focused on anything. I will emit negative energy and no one wants to be around someone with negative energy. I prefer to choose the positive angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment