Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 129: Passion

Passion = a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything

I don't think I have my passion yet. Everything I do I do in mediocrity. There is no extreme emotional attachment. I am not sure if its my personality or I'm genetically wired that way.

I know a few people who have found their passion. My sister has a passion for photography. I know someone who has passion for rock climbing. I know someone who has a passion for movies (at the theatre and DVDs). They can spend all their waking time doing what they love. I admire them because they have found what they love to do. On the other hand, I think about if they love to do anything else. If they are spending all their time on this love, what about anything else..did they try everything else and this beats it out..or did they just tried this and start to love it right away..

When I was in Hawaii I saw a few people who are passionate about surfing. There was a pregnant lady surfing. My first thought is if it is safe for a pregnant lady to be surfing. She was 7.5 months pregnant. I guess she was getting in as much surfing as she can before she gives birth. Now that is dedication to surfing. The other person was also a surfer. I talked to him for awhile. He said he is a fisherman by trade. But he tries to spend as much time as he can surfing. He learned to surf when he was 13 and now he is 43. So after 30 years he still has this energy and extreme enthusiasm for surfing.

How do I live this life without passion..Its like living life with no purpose, kinda aimlessly. How do I find it...Would I stumble upon it..Will someone show me...I think thats where my bucket list comes into play. Its about trying new things and new adventures. Maybe I will find it after I finish my bucket list...Maybe I will find it before I complete my list and I won't have to finish my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment