Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 143: My glasses

I am wearing my glasses this week. I usually wear disposable contact lens. I ran out of them. On Saturday night when I was taking one of them off, I dropped it in the sink. It's not so good to put it back in your eye. Your eye can get irritated from the tiny dust particles. I'm going to get my eyes checked next week. I think it just makes sense for me to wait to see if my prescription changes before I purchase new contact lens.

I usually don't wear my glasses. I wear them at night when I take my contacts off. I would wear them once in a blue moon out or to work. I feel like a different person when I'm wearing my glasses. I feel smarter. Maybe I feel like a librarian or something? I know people make judgments quite quickly. When I wear my glasses, people may think I'm nerd? Well, most people already think I'm smart just cause I'm Asian. They usually ask me if I went to UBC or SFU. I think I surprise them by saying 'neither.' I'm sorry I'm not your stereotypical Asian. I'm not that book smart (maybe one day). I don't play badminton or volleyball (or any other 'Asian' sports). I don't watch Chinese movies (I used to when I was younger but not anymore.) I am a horrible singer, hence I don't like hanging out at karaoke places. I do like my bubble teas.

I find wearing glasses can be a bit challenging. When I lye down on my side, I have to take off my glasses or else it gets really uncomfortable. I wanted to do some hot yoga this week. I realized that my glasses will get steamed up and I won't be able to follow the teacher because I won't be able to see them. At work I use a headset to answer phone calls. The glasses get in the way when I'm putting on and taking off the headset.

No comments:

Post a Comment