Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 147: Susan Boyle and Paul Potts

I just caught the tail end of the documentary on Susan Boyle. I watched a documentary on Paul Potts.

The tail end of the show with Susan Boyle had her performing "I dream a dream" with the cast of Les Miserables. I think that was wonderful. Her dream was to sing in front of an audience. She did that. Right after her first audition, she almost walked off the stage before the judges could comment on her performance. She achieved her dream and didn't care about their comments.

Paul Potts is a similar story to Susan Boyle. He was a cellular phone salesman. One day at work he was surfing online and accidentally found the Britain's Got Talent website. He tossed a coin and if it was heads he would submit an application to be on the show. Obviously, he filled the application and made it to the audition for the show. I watched his first round on the show. It was amazing. From his first impression, I didn't expect much. But when he started to sing, I felt like someone was squeezing my heart and making me cry. His singing was so emotional for me. I don't usually like opera. I think most people dont listen to opera either. But they like him and his songs enough to buy his album. He has sold more than 2 million albums worldwide. After he won the show in 2007, he has preformed to worldwide audiences.

The lesson to be learned in these stories is that you can live your dream at any age. Susan is 48 years old. Paul is 40 years old. They both showed determination and a love for their dream. Maybe its also a bit of luck and opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment