Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 148: The glass is half full

How do you see the glass? I guess it depends on what mood I am in. Today the glass is half full.

I went to the gym for a little bit today after work. I went to the newly renovated Mount Pleasant Community Center. The front desk lady told me the lockers are downstairs in the woman's bathroom and the fitness room is on the second floor. I said to her 'that's an adventure'. I meant that in a nice way not in a mean way. I didn't see it as a pain in the ass. I really did see it as an adventure. It was a new place for me. It would make sense for the bathroom and locker to be on the same level as the fitness center. Because it was a new place for me, I had to strategize on what to bring upstairs and what to lock up downstairs. I didn't want to lock anything up and realize later that I should've brought it.

I had a girls nite out tonight. My cousin joined me for dinner. We went to Hawkers Delight on Main and 28th. I have never been there before. It is super cheap and you get your money's worth. After dinner we headed to the pool hall. The pool hall is in Richmond tucked away behind a strip mall. At the pool hall, I was expecting one friend at 8 pm and another friend at 9pm. The 8pm friend showed up at around 8:30ish. By the time 9:30pm rolled around, the other friend didn't show up yet. I wasn't worried about her or really pissed that she didn't come. I didn't have her number so I tried emailing her to see if she was coming and what time she would be coming. I didn't get a response. My friend, cousin and I left the pool hall and headed to a dessert place on Alexandria St. When we got there, we unexpectedly saw some other friends. We sat and chilled with them for about an hour. It was fun! It was nice and relaxing. My cousin and I shared a green tea frozen yogurt with orea topping. If we waited and worried about my 9pm friend, we would've missed out on having fun with this group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment