Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 131: Reality 'love' shows

Do you think one can really find love on these reality shows? Is it immoral to be "going out" with fifteen people at the same time?

I don't watch these reality 'love' shows like the Bachelor or the Bacherlotte but I know the premises. In the Bacherlotte, the one gal gets to choose from 25 guys. I don't think it is immoral to be dating 25 guys at once as long as they all know that you are dating these other guys. I don't know how long they take to tape the season but I don't think I will be able to choose my life partner by the end of the season.

I don't think I would be able to find love on these reality show if I were the Bacherlotte. You have cameras staring in your face while you are on these dates. It is already hard going on dates with guys you hardly know and times that by 25 guys times that by the number of cameras in your face. It will be super hard to be natural. I find that on the first few dates, I'm still a bit uncomfortable and I'm not the 'real' me. I have to go thru that feeling 25 times in such a short period?

I can't help what feelings I have for someone. Sometimes the connection is there instantly. I may fall in love with someone in six months or with someone in three weeks. What if I fell in love with the first guy I date? What would happen to the rest of the 24 guys? I would still have to date them till the end of the taping. I would feel like things would be dragging on and on if I have to eliminate them one at a time. Or what about on the opposite side of the spectrum? What if I don't fall in love with any of the 25 men? Am I forced to pick one at the end? What if they propose on camera and do I have to break their heart and tell them I don't love them?

People are voyeurs. They like watching drama unfold in front of their eyes. Maybe they don't have crazy love lives where they get to date 25 men at the same time and want to watch someone who can juggle that. They also want the fairy tale ending. They are wanting the ending where the bacherlotte gets married to her last standing bachelor and live happily ever after with the house and the kids. Like I said in my last post, life isn't a fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment