Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 134: Stress

When I was younger I had a higher level of stress than I do now. My schedule was jammed pack with people to see and places to go. I was always on the go. Now my life has calmed down. I have tomorrow off (Monday) and I am in no rush to get anything done. I don't have any major deadlines for anything.

After high school it was about work and school. I was going to school to attain a certification of some sort. School is very stressful with all the homework and exams. Majority of my jobs I don't have to take home with me or work late at. The hours are consistent and I can make plans around it. Since I am finished school, I don't have to worry about homework and exams. My job is a 9-5 pm job that I don't have to take home with me.

I am not stressed over my financial situation. I was for a very long time. It took me forever and a day to pay off my student loan. I don't have any outstanding debts (ex. credit cards, line of credit). I live in the same house as my parents and pay minimal amount in rent.

I don't have any vices or addictions. I don't smoke or drink on a regular basis. I used to do a bit of gambling. That was stressful. I was spending more and more money. I quit gambling because I ran out of money. I didn't want to borrow money off people I know. Then it would become a vicious cycle of lies and deceit. Also at that time I was dating someone who was a gambler. He always asked for money and, of course, it went to gambling. I guess it was double stressful for me cause I was gambling and dealing with a gambler. I never had a drug addiction. I experimented with drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment