Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 79: Geoff and Teresa's Wedding


My friend Geoff just got married to a very nice gal name Teresa. Their wedding took place on Sunday, October 25. I haven't been to many Sunday weddings. I get Sundays off and when he asked for some helping hands, I was able to help. I carpooled with my cousin, who is also his friend, to the wedding. He asked us to be there at 3pm to help set up. He did have a list of helpers and their duties. We got there at 3pm and Geoff was running late. His mom had most of the items that needed to be distributed or assembled. By the time Geoff and his mom arrived, there were many helping hands. We all helped with whatever we could. We didn't follow the list that Geoff made, but everything got done. It was a good opportunity to mingle with some of his friends that I didn't know.

The ceremony was held right before the dinner. I think that is a great idea. It is all in one place and no one has to be transported anywhere. They had a decorated wedding arch where they said their vows. They had a maid of honour and a best man. The ceremony started pretty much when all their 90 guests arrived. It is the smallest wedding I have been to. All the other weddings I have attended are from 200 - 500 people. The ceremony was only about 15 minutes long.

After the ceremony, the banquet dinner began. It was the 10 course Chinese banquet dinner, which included lobster, abalone, chicken, fish, rice, noodles, and red bean soup. Between the courses there are various activities. Geoff, his best man and the maid of honour made a speech. There was open mic. Geoff's cousin came up to the mic and reminded everyone that Geoff use to break dance when he was younger and got him on the dance floor to dance his moves again. I really wanted to see him break dance. But he said he isn't in the same shape as he was when he was younger.

It wasn't hard to make them kiss. All we had to do was clan the chopsticks againest something. Once the bride and groom heard that, they got up and kissed. Some weddings I have been to make it really hard for the bride and groom to kiss. Sometimes you have to answer a skill testing question about the bride or the groom or show them how's it done before they kiss.

One thing that made Geoff and Teresa's wedding unique was that they had a photo op with the bride and the groom before dinner was finished. Whoever wanted to take a picture with them, just had to go up and pose with them. It was fun. Ok, my table was considered the 'rowdy' table. I think that was just a rumour. Anyways, my friends and I went up there and took a normal picture then we took a fun picture (the one posted above). Of course I brought my camera. I took about 120 pictures that night.

After all the pictures and posing, there was dancing. It was no suprise Geoff, the dancer, had dancing at his wedding. It was fun to just get our groove on. At about 10pm, my cousin and I were getting tired. Geoff asked us to stay a few more minutes to help them tear down. We were more than happy to help tear down.

Congratulations Geoff and Teresa!

No comments:

Post a Comment