Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 76: What do you want to be when you grow up?

This is a question that grade 8 counselors ask you. They ask you this to determine the courses you take thru out high school. They expect you to study all the relevant courses then go work in the occupation.

Thru the last 18 years I have wanted to be many occupations. I wanted to be a nurse at one point because I wanted to help people. I change my mind so often even before I study in that occupation. I don't know what it is that makes me change my mind. Maybe I have a short attention span? Maybe I get bored easily? I finished my marketing diploma. I am very proud of myself that I completed it. I did find a job in that field. I got bored of that. I was a marketing assistant for a computer software company. I had my own office on the 17th floor in a building in downtown Vancouver. Sounds pretty glamourous. I realized that I am a people person and being stuck in an office by myself all day got me bored. I went to school for event planning because I wanted to be an event planner at one point. I deal with many event planners at my work and their job seems really stressful. I don't think event planners get paid as much as I would like.

Maybe I have high expectations. I would like to have a job where I am happy. I don't want to be stressed out all the time. I would like to talk to customers some of the time. I would like my work to be dynamic, changing every day. I would like the opportunity for my company to upgrade my skills with relavants courses at school. I would like to have good dynamics with my co workers. I would like the opportunity for advancement to a higher position. To top off my wish list, I would like to get paid well. Does this position exist? I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment