Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 64: Yoga Conference

I realized that yoga is great. It is very relaxing and rejuvenating. It stretches your body and mind. I tried yoga for the very first time at the Yoga Conference this past weekend. My friend gave me freee tickets. I checked the information on their website. It was about getting all the yoga lovers together in one place for one weekend. There were workshops, a trade show and free 30 minute yoga classes. The workshops were an extra fee and were held upstairs. Because my friend gave me two tickets I was able to go for both the days the conference was on. The trade show was interesting with booths on the various yoga studios and yoga clothing. The first day I was there I met up with some friends and we walked around the trade show. Only one other friend and I participated in a free yoga lesson. The set up for the yoga class was a bit weird to me. It was in the middle of the trade show floor and didn't have any partitions. Every one walking around the trade show was able to watch the class. I felt a little bit self conscious when I was doing the yoga poses.

The second free yoga class I did showed me that it wasn't all about the stretching. It showed me that it was about the connection between the body and the mind. They both have to work together for you to live a life of harmony. There are various types of yoga. For example, some that focuses more on the stretching and strenthening of your muscles and some that focuses more on relaxation and meditation. I bought a Passport to Prana. It is a pass that cost $30 and I can go try out 38 yoga studios around the Lower Mainland. I can only use the pass once at each yoga studio. It is an opportunity to try the studios out to see which one I like best. It expires in July 2010. I have 10 months to try 38 yoga studios. I just set myself up for another challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment