Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 67: Finally went to Aquafit

I have wanted to try aquafit for a long time. It's number 2 on my bucket list. I finally went to Eileen Daily to do aquafit tonight.

There always seems to be an excuse to not go to aquafit. One nite, in July, my friend and I went to the pool with the intention of taking the class. But the circumstances weren't right and we didn't take the class. Last week the excuse was because I had an open sore. It was from my fall from rollerblading. My mom said it wasn't a good idea to go into the pool with an open sore. I did buy a pass to the fitness center which includes access to the gym and the pool. Because my mom used to do aquafit, I always ask her if she wants to go. If she doesn't want to go, I tend to get lazy and not want to go either. The last excuse was that mom couldn't make it.

My mom took aquafit in 1997 to lose weight for my sister's wedding. She took it for about 6 months to a year? I can't remember. What I do remember is that she did end up losing a lot of weight for the wedding. Aquafit was her only form of exercise. Nowadays she doesn't go that often. But if I go more, she may also go more.

I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow. It may be because it is my first time. The first time always hurts..hahah...It was pretty tough. It is doing aerobics in water. I am not the best at following teachers and I may be doing some exercises wrong. If I do it wrong, it may hurt my muscles more.

I didn't go swimming / aquafit for the last few years because I was too lazy (suprise! suprise!). After the swim, I have to take a shower. The shower takes a few minutes. It's the drying my hair that is a pain in the ass. I have finally accepted the time it takes to blow dry my hair after swimming. Because I have accepted it, I am more willing to go swimming / aquafit.

No comments:

Post a Comment