Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 73: My Health

My mom has always told me that my health is the most important thing I possess. I am very lucky to not have any major health issues (knock on wood). High blood pressure is hereditary in my family. I had low blood pressure years ago and now I have normal blood pressure. What I am worried about is my cough. For the last three years I have had a cough that lasted for a whole month. I take a month to go get it checked out because I keep on thinking that it will go away without medication. It is a very harsh cough. It sounds like I have bronchitis and that I am going to cough up my lungs. The first year I had it in July. The second year I had it in August. The first two years the nurse said I had asthma and gave me a puffer. The third year I had it in September. Doctor gave me a puffer and it went away. This is the forth year and it's October and I don't know when it will come. I have had occasional coughs that sound like my bronchitis cough. I don't know what causes the cough. I don't smoke. I don't hang out in places that is smokey. It may be the air or pollutants in the air?

I have other minor health issues. I have poor eyesight. But that is corrected by glasses and contact lens. I have a poor memory and hopefully that will slow down or improve soon. I have bad left shoulder muscles because of a car accident a few years ago. I have to do exercises to improve my muscles. If I don't do the exercises for a long time, the muscles will tense up and I will be very uncomfortable. Every once in awhile I may have the sniffles and / or a sore throat.

This week I had a sore throat, the sniffles, headaches and feeling tired. I have been taking Dayquil, Dimetapp and Tylenol to get myself thru. I hope I am not contagious. I have gone to work. I have gone swimming. I have gone to eat at restaurants. I have gone to the aquarium. I am very sorry to everyone if I am contagious and passed it on to them. I really hope I am 100% better tomorrow. I would like to go swimming and yoga and not be paranoid of infecting people with bad germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment