Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 78: The Market at Shangri La






The last dinner for my dining club was at The Market at Shangri La. We went on Friday, October 23. The reservation was for 6 pm, which is earlier than my usual time of 7 pm. I had 10 people confirmed for dinner. The restaurant gave us the private room which holds 10 people. We sat at a round table. The only thing that was missing was the lazy susan. The room was very simple. It didn't have any special decor or paintings. It has a very nice and elaborate chandelier. One side of the room has floor to ceiling windows.

Five of us shared a few appies. We shared tuna tartare, beef carpaccio pizza and 2 foie gras brulee. The tuna tartare and carpaccio pizza were very tasty. I don't think I appreciate foie gras yet. The foie gras was too salty for me. Some of the entrees don't include side dishes which included the one I ordered, the soy glazed short ribs. It looked like a steak. It was so soft and juicy. There were no bones. When I usually order short ribs, its flat with small pieces of ribs. It was served with apple, jalepeno puree and rosemary crumbs. The jalepeno taste wasn't that evident. We also shared several side dishes; grilled broccoli rabe, sauteed spinach and basil and roasted mushrooms with garlic and jalepeno. The mushrooms were cut the same size as the garlic. It was very easy to pick a piece of garlic instead of a mushroom. I ended my meal with some dessesrt. I shared the warm chocolate cake with 2 other gals. It was so soft and it was a great way to end a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment