Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 74: Being a woman

I know this is a weird topic. This is my view on being a woman and what I have experienced. I don't think I have the full experience of being a woman yet. There are other 'woman life experiences' which I haven't experienced yet because I am not that age.

I realized that it is really tough being a woman. I really hope men appreciate what we do to impress them. I went to my friend's wedding last Monday, Oct 12. The ceremony in the morning was too early for me to take so much time getting ready. The banquet dinner was not till 5 hours later. I took about 2 hours to get ready for the banquet dinner. I had to curl my hair, paint my finger and toe nails, pluck my eyebrows and put on makeup. I wore heels with my dress. Guys don't have to wear heels. It is supposed to make your leg more attractive. Do guys really notice all the effort?

Woman have their monthly cycle. Their hormones go all wacky. One week they will be really cranky, another week really emotional and, if you are lucky, another week 'normal'. I feel really bad for men. If they approach the woman on the wrong week, the woman will bite their head off. It's not because the woman hate them, it's because their hormones take over and they can't control it. With the monthly cycle comes the wonderful blood discharge (I hope you understand what I am referring to). I think it's the most disgusting thing ever. For up to one week every month, the woman has the discharge. It makes me feel so dirty. Sometimes before the discharge, there are cramps. The degree of pain of the cramps varies depending on the woman. Some are so bad that they have to take medication to feel better. Luckily for me my cramping is not that bad.

Women have to give birth. There is a little life form growing inside the woman's tummy. It is months of enduring uncomfortable pain. There is the morning sickness, swelling of various body parts and extreme moodiness. After gaining all this weight, they have to squish the baby out of a really small opening of their body. Just the thought of it, makes me not want to have babies.

I am not looking forward to getting old. I don't want to forget my kids and grandkids' names. I don't want to have sagging breasts. (Thats when being Asian has it's advantages.) I am not looking forward to losing my hearing. I still want to be able to walk and talk when I'm 78. I heard about some 80 year olds running a marathon. There was a 75 year old man that did the 24 Hour Relay a few years back as a one man team. I would like to be in good shape like him. I don't think I need to run the relay to prove it.

1 comment:

  1. It's true that guys don't have to wear heels but some guys do to appear taller. When women wear heels, it does make their legs look more attractive. I enjoy women in heels. You put so much work into looking good, the least I can do is notice or let you know.

    ReplyDelete