Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 63: Gratitude

I am thankful for what I have. I don't have much, but I am thankful for it. I live in a comfortable home. I have parents that love me. I am surrounded by many friends and family. I am relatively healthy with all my extremities intact and all my five senses working.

I am watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It is about a family where the father is blind, two of the 3 kids are blind and the son is deaf. The designers are making them a house where it is `friendly`for them. They talked about making the rooms brighter for the blind girls and making the walls more 3 dimensions so they will be able to touch and experience the walls. The episode tonight is the first half of the show. I can not even imagine if I was blind or deaf. I totally take for grated all my senses. I shouldn`t be complaining about the little things in my life.

Last night I was watching 20 20. They talked about albinos living in Africa. There are witchdoctors in Africa where they `need`albino legs and arms in their concoctions. There are groups of soldiers who go searching for albinos and cut off their limbs for the witchdoctors. The albinos live a life of fear that the soldiers will come back to kill them. I am very grateful that I am not an albino living in Africa.

I have thought about writing in a gratitude journal. But it goes back to me being lazy and not enough discipline. The gratitude journal will reinforce my gratefulness for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment