Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 65: I am what I eat

According to the Free Dieting Weight Loss Guide (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm), my daily maintenance calorie intake should be 1546 calories a day.

When I was in elementary school, teachers taught us about the four food groups. Of course that meant we were supposed to memorize it and follow it for the rest of our lives. I got the memorize it part down. The following part I'm still working on. I took a test on Sunday at the yoga conference on how well my internal organs were working. It was from an acupuncture booth. The report said I need to focus on my large intestine and my gall bladder. The acupuncturist said I need to drink more water and eat more veggies and fruit. That seems simple enough!

Every year my new years' resolution is to eat more healthier. I need to eat more foods from the milk group and the fruit and vegetable group. The reason always seems to be a lack of time. I am too lazy to eat fruit that I have to cut up or peel. The fruit already cut up and peeled from salad bars looks very delicious, but I'm not willing to pay so much for them.

I have gained a little bit of weight in the past 8 years. I think there are a few reasons for the weight gain:
1) naturally - with age
2) not enough exercise
3) eating too much unhealthy foods

Natural weight gain
On average, I gained a pound a year since the age of 24. I'm not looking forward to more weight gain.

Not enough exercise
I have always wanted to play more sports. Of course, my excuse is that 'I'm too lazy' or 'I don't have time'. It has just been this summer that I have gotten off my ass to start doing outdoor activities and sports. It has only taken me 15 years. Last year when I lived in downtown, I took the Aquabus and walked to work. That brisk walking help me shed 6 pounds over last summer.

Eating too much unhealthy food
I don't think eating at different restaurant every month is healthy. There is too much MSG and sodium in restaurant food. My 3 pm chocolate time can't be healthy for me. By 3pm at work, I get really tired. A small piece of chocolate is a good 'pick me up'. My bubble tea every other day can't be healthy for me. A bubble tea drink with bubbles is 500 calories. That's a third of my daily intake in one drink.

Recommendations:

1) Exercise more. I bought the yoga pass. Maybe find more indoor activities.

2) Eat more healthy foods. Drink more water. Eat more fruits and veggies.

Seems so easy..we will see how much I accomplish in the next few months. If this doesn't work, I need new recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment